Sunday, June 22, 2008

Georgia Peachy

I had orientation in Atlanta, Georgia.

I really like everyone here, at least everyone that I have met. There are 77 of us, so we are a big class. Ive never heard so many accents in one place, too. We represent so many areas of the US. A large chunk is from the mid-west. A couple of them said they wanted any excuse to leave and ended up in Africa. There are a bunch from the north east. There are a couple west coast folks and southerners. I found a Texan too, so that makes me happy. Everyone here is as anxious as I am, if not more.

Our flight leaves at 3:15 pm and arrives in Dakar, Senegal at 4:50 am. Then we are in for a 5 hour bus ride into Rosso, at the brand new center for our 10 weeks of training. Our official swear in date to become volunteers is on August 28th. We'll have rigorous language training and since I'm in education I'll receive my teacher training in TEFL.

I'll be able to check my email every 12-15 days while in training, so this is good bye for now. I'm off to 115 degree desert weather!!


I miss all of y'all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow bisa! I couldn't access your blog from China, but I'm excited for you. Wish we were home at the same time but I got plenty o presents to send you.

-Bri